How-To - Easy to make and easy instructions.
What you’ll need
- 9x13 inch square pan
- Cake mix
- Cupcake pan
- Blue frosting
- White frosting
- Red and blue M&Ms
- 1 tube black red frosting or red rope licorice
How to make it
1. Follow the cake mix directions on the box. Pour cake mix into only two cups of the cupcake pan, about 2/3 full.
2. Put the rest of the cake mix into a greased 9x13 inch pan.
3. Bake the cake for 30 minutes and the cupcakes for 20 minutes at 350 degrees F.
4. Let the cake cool for ten minutes. Than flip it upside down and let it cool on a wire rack.
5. Once it is done cooling, cut out the two top corners of the cake to look like the top of a rocket ship. Attach the cut-out pieces to the bottom for wings. Frost the cake white.
6. Cut off the tops of the cupcakes and frost the tops blue. Place them on the rocket for windows.
7. Use red and blue M&Ms to create your own design on the ship.
8. Use red rope licorice or gel frosting to outline the rocket. Accent the cake with paper cut-out stars and flames, if you like.
Instructions adapted with permission from Easy Cut-Up Cakes for Kids by Melissa Barlow